Confetti Aspic Salad
|Plain gelatin||4 Tablespoon (4 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lead shots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked and drained (Catelli)|
1) Allow gelatine to soften in water.
2) In a large saucepan, bring a mixture of tomatoes, celery, onion and seasonings to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Stir in softened gelatine until dissolved.
4) Mix in vinegar and strain the mixture.
5) Keep the strained mixture in refrigerator to chill until partially set.
6) Add in vegetables and lead shots, mixing well.
7) Take a 1 quart mould; rinse it with cold water and pour the mixture into it.
8) Again chill until set and demold the salad on a bed of lettuce.
9) Serve at once.
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 533.5 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 26 g52.1%
Vitamin A 597.4% Vitamin C 187%
Calcium 30.4% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet