Mid Summer Salad
|Ripe melon||1 Small (Such As Cantaloupe Or Honeydew)|
|Strawberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), hulled|
|Cucumber/3 inch piece||1|
|Head of lettuce||1 Small, shredded|
|Oil vinegar dressing/Prepared dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
1. Quarter melon into, remove and discard seeds and skin and with a melon bailer scoop into balls or cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Make thin slices out of strawberries and cucumber.
3. To serve, on a large serving plate or 4 individual plates arrange lettuce.
4. Over lettuce arrange melon balls or cubes, strawberry slices and cucumber slices.
5. In a small bowl, combine oil-and-vinegar dressing, mint, salt and pepper and pour over salad immediately before serving with a sprinkle of almonds.
6. Serve with a selection of hard and soft cheeses or ham.