Cherry Mold Salad
|Black cherry jello||6 Ounce (Two 3 Ounce Each Packages)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned bing cherries||28 Ounce, pitted and drained (1 Can)|
|Cherry juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Port wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, empty the Jello packet and add boiling water.
2. Stir well until the jello dissolves completely.
3. Measure the juice of drained cherries and add enough cold water to equal 1 cup.
4. Stir the juice and wine into the dissolved jello.
5. Place the bowl in the refrigerator until the mixture begins to set and is thick.
6. Add the cherries and nuts to the semi-set jello and mix well.
7. Pour into a wet 1 1/2 quart pudding or jelly mold.
8. Return to the refrigerator to chill until set.
9. To unmold, place the mold in a bath of hot water for a few seconds.
10. Place a serving plate on top and quickly invert plate and mold together. Give a sharp tap to unmold.
11. Garnish the jelly with lemon leaves and arrange pear slices on the border.
12. Serve with mayonnaise if you like.