French Lamb Salad
|Cold roast lamb||1 Pound (Preferably Medium Rare)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint/1 tablespoon dried leaf mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Green onions||4 , chopped|
|Cooked green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Head of lettuce||1|
1. Prepare the lamb by cutting into 3/4-inch cubes.
2. To make dressing, into a bowl large with oil enough to hold lamb and vegetables whisk in vinegar, mint, salt and pepper.
3. Stir in lamb cubes and green onions to coat with dressing and gently stir in peas.
4. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
5. Immediately before serving, shred lettuce and stir into lamb salad.
6. Into a serving dish spoon the mixture and garnish with mint sprigs.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg25%
Sodium 177.7 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 146.3% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet