Crab Louis With Heavy Cream
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Head of lettuce||1 Large|
|Cooked crab meat/Two 6 1/2 -ounce cans cooked crab meat , chilled||3 Cup (48 tbs), chilled|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut into wedges|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , cut into wedges|
1. Prepare the Louis dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, whipped cream, green pepper, green onion, lemon juice and the chili sauce.
2. Season the sauce to taste and set aside to chill.
3. This will make about two cups of dressing.
4. Prepare four individual serving plates by covering them with four lettuce leaves
5. Shred the remaining lettuce leaves and set aside.
6. Clean the crab by removing bits of the shell and collecting the crab meat. Set aside the meat from the claws. Leave the rest of the meat in lumps
7. Heap the meat on top of the lettuce leaves.
8. Arrange the meat in the center and circle with the wedges of tomato and egg
9. Sprinkle with salt.
10. Just before serving, pour 1/4 cup Louis Dressing over the salad and then mix well.
11. Sprinkle with paprika and salt if required
12. Top with the claw meat and serve cold.
13. Pass the additional dressing at the table.