Tuna And White Bean Salad
|Canned cannellini beans||15 Ounce (Undrained, 1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (The White And Part Of The Green)|
|Canned light tuna in water||7 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chopped italian parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the beans with liquid on low flame or in the microwave. Keep warm.
2. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, seasonings and the olive oil
3. Use a fork to whisk until well blended.
4. Drain the warm beans reserving liquid for another purpose if you like
5. Add them to the bowl along with scallions.
6. Stir lightly with a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly.
7. Cover and set aside for 1 hour for the flavors to be absorbed.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning and add more lemon juice if you like.
9. Just before serving, drain the tuna flake into chunks and stir into the beans.
10. Dish out on serving platter.
11. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if you like.