|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sauerkraut||30 Ounce (2 Cans)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Hard-boiled eggs||3 , quartered|
|Beet||1 , cooked, peeled and sliced|
1. In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil
2. Add the onion and sauté until soft and lightly bowned.
3. Tip in sauerkraut and chicken stock and stir to mix.
4. Reduce the flame and simmer for 45 minutes, adding stock or wine if mixture gets too dry.
5. Once cooked, drain excess liquid.
6. Combine the remaining olive oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings, whisking lightly to blend.
7. When the sauerkraut is cool, pour the dressing over it and mix well.
8. Allow the mixture to cool completely, refrigerate if you like.
9. Serve the salad cold garnished with hard-boiled egg quarters and beet slices.