Snow Pea Salad
|Snow peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers/Green bell peppers||2 Large, sliced into rings|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Walnut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Champagne vinegar/White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
1) In a small container, combine oil, vinegar, sugar and lemon juice and keep the oil mixture aside.
2) Boil the snow peas briefly for 1 to 2 minutes and drain.
3) Wash thoroughly with cold running water to prevent cooking any further.
4) Allow to cool.
5) In a large glass bowl, mix together snow peas, pepper rings and mushrooms.
6) Just before serving, toss vegetable mixture gently with oil mixture.
Drizzle sesame seeds on top and serve.
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 502
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.6%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 57.6% Vitamin C 222.1%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet