Potato Salad Mold
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stuffed green olives||8 , sliced|
|Hard-cooked eggs||3 , chopped|
|Diced cooked potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1) In a bowl, mix the sugar, gelatin and salt together.
2) Pour over the boiling water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Then stir in the lemon juice, mix well.
4) In a 1 1/2-quart ring mold, pour a thin layer of the mixture and refrigerate until chilled.
5) When almost set, arrange the olive slices and green-pepper strips in flower shapes over the gelatin.
6) Stir rest of the ingredients into the gelatin mixture, spoon into the ring mold and refrigerate until set.
7) Unmould on a serving platter and serve immediately.