Pilaf and Curried Chicken Salad
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Long grain white rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Water/Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cinnamon stick/A pinch of ground cinnamon||1|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Oil vinegar dressing/Prepared dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3) Add water or stock.
4) Mix raisins, apricots, walnuts, cinnamon, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
5) Boil the mixture. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is cooked and water evaporated.
6) Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
7) Add dressing and mix with pilaf mixture.
8) Press pilaf mixture into a 1-quart ring mold.
9) Cover and refrigerate until chilled or up to 24 hours.
10) In a medium bowl, add chicken and Curry Dressing.
11) Cover and refrigerate until chilled or up to 24 hours.
12) To serve, on a large serving plate reverse the pilaf ring and remove mold.
13) Fill the center of ring with curried chicken.
14) Sprinkle with paprika.