Romaine Caesar Salad With Anchovy
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bread slices||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4 Pieces)|
|Romaine lettuce heads||2 Large|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Medium, soft-cooked for 1 minute|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Halve one garlic clove.
2) Rub the cut surface over inside of a large salad bowl and remove.
3) In a large skillet heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil and brown remaining garlic.
4) Take out the garlic. Add bread cubes to the oil and brown on all sides.
5) Drain the croutons on paper toweling.
6) In a salad bowl, break romaine leaves into bite-size pieces.
7) Sprinkle pepper and salt.
8) Add remaining olive oil.
9) Mix gently to coat every piece of lettuce with oil.
10) Break eggs at the center of the romaine. Pour lemon juice directly over the eggs.
11) Toss gently until the salad looks creamy.
12) Add anchovies and cheese; add more salt, pepper, and lemon juice if required.
13) Toss the mixture to mix well.
14) Add croutons and toss again.
15) Serve immediately.