Bacon Potato Salad
|New potatoes||3 Pound|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1. Wash the new potatoes, scrubbing lightly to remove grit.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of salted water
3. Boil the potatoes for about 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
4. Drain in a colander and let stand in the steam until cool enough to handle.
5. Peel the potatoes and cut into slices or cubes. Place in a large salad bowl
6. Sprinkle potatoes with sugar and vinegar and toss to mix.
7. In a small skillet, heat a little oil
8. Add and sauté the bacon until crisp.
9. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon on to paper towels
10. Pour the bacon fat over potatoes.
11. When drained, crumble bacon and add along with remaining ingredients to the salad.
12. Toss the salad using two spoons until well mixed.
13. Serve the salad warm or cold.