Pink-Grapefruit-and-Avocado Salad Platter
|Boston lettuce heads||2|
|Romaine head||1 Small|
|Avocados||2 , halved (Ripe Medium, Peeled)|
|Pink grapefruit||2 Large, sectioned (Peeled)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Watercress sprigs||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Wash the salad greens, trim the ends and discard with any discolored leaves.
2) Crisp the greens in the crisper for several hours.
3) In a bowl, place together avocado halves and grapefruit sections, spooning grapefruit juice over avocado to prevent discoloration.
4) Cover the bowl and refrigerate, until needed.
5) Line the shallow square serving dish with greens.
6) Cut each avocado half into 8 length wise slices.
7) Place the halves, cut side down, and place one in each corner.
8) Arrange the grapefruit sections in center of the dish.
9) Dredge celery and chives, over the grapefruit mixture.
10) Garnish with watercress.
11) Serve with Special French Dressing, if desired.