Golden Gate Salad Bowl
|Boston lettuce head||1|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Ripe avocado||1 Small|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Oranges||3 Medium, pared, sectioned|
|Oranges||3 Medium, pared and sectioned|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
1) Trim lettuce, rinse, and drain.
2) Wash watercress; cut sprigs separately, removing heavy stems.
3) Wrap lettuce and watercress in towels.
4) Chill for several hours until moisture is absorbed and they turn crisp.
5) Halve avocado, skin, hollow, and chop.
6) In an electric-blender container add juice, water, oil, salt, and sugar.
7) Cover and whirl until smooth.
8) Alternately, you can mash avocado in a bowl, with a fork. Add other ingredients and beat until smooth.
10) In a salad bowl arrange lettuce leaves and break remaining into bite-size pieces.
11) Add watercress and mix.
12) Insert orange sections and kumquat slices among leaves.
13) Sprinkle pecans over them.
14) Pass with avocado dressing.