Layered Cranberry Salad
|For cranberry layer|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Cranberry Layer:)|
|Cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can, Whole Berry)|
|Whole berry cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Cold, Divided)|
|For chicken layer|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple||9 Ounce, crushed and drained (1 Can)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned crushed pineapple||9 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and diced|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, fresh, finely chopped|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a double boiler over hot water, mix the gelatin in cold water, stir continuously and heat until dissolved.
2) Stir in the cranberry sauce, pineapple, walnuts and lemon juice, blend well.
3) In a lightly oiled 3-quart baking dish,pour the mixture and refrigerate until set.
4) In a double boiler over hot water, mix the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water, stir continuously and heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
5) Blend in the mayonnaise, 1/2 cup cold water, lemon juice and salt.
6) Stir in the chicken, celery and parsley, mix well.
7) Pour the chicken mixture over the firm cranberry layer and refrigerate until set.
8) Serve chilled.
Calories 1189 Calories from Fat 631
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g108.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.8 mg45.3%
Sodium 808.5 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 67.9 g
Protein 40 g79.1%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 91.5%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet