Orange And Black Olive Salad
|Chopped fresh mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Minced About 1 Teaspoon Or To Taste)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced to make about 1 teaspoon (Or Use According To Taste)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Arugula||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), stems removed, rinsed well and spun dry (Use 1 Large)|
|Sliced pitted black olives||2 Tablespoon (Either Californian Or Mediterranean)|
|Sliced pitted black olives||2 Tablespoon, sliced (Use Either Californian Or Mediterranean Variety)|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs), 1/2 inch (To Make Your Own)|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Of 1/2-Inch Size, Or Make Your Own)|
1) Using a ragged knife, cut away orange peels, pith and discard. Cut oranges crosswise into thin slices.
2) In a bowl add slices of mint, olive oil, garlic, coriander, cayenne (if using), sugar, and salt to taste. Toss gently to mix.
3) Arrange the base of a platter with arugula.
4) Arrange oranges on top, over the slices.
5) Sprinkle olives over the oranges.
6) Serve topped with one-fourth of the croutons.