Monkfish Salad with Coriander and Mint
|Monkfish fillet||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Monkfish||1 Pound, filleted (500 Gram)|
|Pimientos||14 Fluid Ounce, drained (1 Can/425 Grams)|
|Canned pimientos||14 Fluid Ounce, drained (1 Can, 425 Gram)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, rinsed and drained|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, pared, cut into thin matchsticks (From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , pared rind, cut into thin matchsticks|
|Coriander sprigs||5 , roughly torn|
|Coriander sprig||2 , roughly torn|
|Mint sprig||2 , leaves stripped from the stems and roughly torn|
|Mint sprigs||5 , leaves stripped from the stems and roughly torn|
|Balsamic vinegar/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Thinly slice the monkfish fillet and keep aside.
2) In a colander, place the canned pimientos, rinse well under cold running water, drain and cut them into thin strips.
3) In a large frying pan, saute the crushed coriander seeds in the olive oil and cook over a medium heat for a few seconds.
4) Stir in the onions and gently saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Then stir in the garlic and saute for further 1 minute.
5) Raise the heat to medium high, stir in the monkfish slices, gently stir and saute for about 3-4 minutes, until the fish is opaque and firm.
6) Reduce the heat and stir in the pimiento, capers and lemon rind. Then turn off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
7) Sprinkle the coriander and mint leaves along with the balsamic vinegar or lemon juice. Season with the salt and pepper to taste and gently toss to mix.
8) Spoon the monkfish salad in a nice plate and serve immediately or allow to cool and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1723 Calories from Fat 835
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145.3%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.8 mg75.6%
Sodium 1434.9 mg59.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.9%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 149 g297.9%
Vitamin A 477.9% Vitamin C 1275.6%
Calcium 66.5% Iron 119.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet