Ham and Sprouts Salad
|Thinly sliced cooked ham||8 Ounce|
|Cooked ham||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , chopped|
|For yogurt-tartar dressing|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet pickle||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped sweet pickles||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pimento stuffed olives||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Radish sprouts||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Alfalfa sprouts||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Radish sprouts||10 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup If Desired)|
1. In a large bowl, combine radish sprouts and alfalfa sprouts.
2. Make 2-inch strips out of the ham.
3. Add the strips and hard-cooked eggs to sprouts and toss to combine.
4. For making the dressing in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, pour dressing over salad and toss salad to coat with dressing.
5. In the center of a serving platter mound salad surround with a ring of radish sprouts and alfalfa sprouts, if desired and serve immediately.
6. Preferably serve the salad with warm, crusty whole-wheat bread.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 298.7 mg99.6%
Sodium 386.2 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet