|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained, thinly sliced|
|Celery ribs||3 , sliced diagonally|
|Carrots||3 , sliced diagonally|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red bell peppers||2 , cut into chunks|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound (Make Thick Slices)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1 Ounce (For Garnish)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) To prepare the dressing : In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sugar and pepper and mix well.
Keep the dressing aside.
2) In boiling water,cook the peas briefly for 10 seconds and drain off the fluid.
3) Wash thoroughly with cold running water to prevent the peas from getting further cooked and drain.
4) In a large bowl, mix together water chestnuts, celery, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms and snow peas.
5) Toss lightly to combine.
6) Prior to 1 hour before serving, pour dressing over water chestnut mixture.
7) Cover with lid and refrigerate.
8) Garnish with almonds just before serving.
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 193.1 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 134.2% Vitamin C 116.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet