Hot Salad Cheesewiches
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Thick tomato slices||4 Large|
|Dill pickle slices||8|
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, blend together the cheese, sour cream and seasonings.
2. Stir in the cucumber and onions. Keep aside.
3. In a conventional toaster, lightly brown bread slices.
4. Arrange each slice on a tissue paper or paper plate.
5. On each slice, place a tomato slice and arrange 2 pickle slices on top.
6. Spoon the cheese mixture, dividing equally.
7. Sprinkle with paprika.
8. Cook each sandwich separately, for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
9. Cut sandwiches diagonally into half if you like
10. Arrange on a platter and serve the sandwiches hot and cheesy.