Orange Delight Salad
|Orange gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Large, peeled, cut in 2-inch pieces|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||8 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, add gelatin to hot water and stir until completely dissolved.
2. Stir in the cold water.
3. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the liquid thickens and is semi set.
4. In a food processor, position the disc in the bowl with shredding side up.
5. Finely shred the carrots.
6. Fold carrots, pineapple and raisins into the jelly mixture.
7. Pour mixture into a 1 quart casserole or into 4 individual jelly moulds.
8. Place the mold in the chiller until the jelly has set and is chilled.
9. To unmold, dip the mold in a bath of luke warm water and invert onto bed of lettuce leaves on salad plate.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.21 g0.32%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 77.5 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 20 g39.3%
Vitamin A 120.3% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet