Lumacone and Smoked Mackerel Salad
|Dried lumacone||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Peppered smoked mackerel fillets||2 , skinned and broken into bite-sized pieces|
|Oranges||2 , segmented|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Fresh dill sprig||2 (To Garnish)|
|Wholegrain mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a large saucepan, allow about 1.75 litres/ 3 pints of water to boil.
2) Add the oil, salt and pasta and then cook for 8-12 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Drain, refresh under cold running water, drain well.
3) In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta with the mackerel and mix gently.
4) In a screw-top jar, combine the orange juice, lemon juice and mustard, tightly cover and shake well.
5) Season with the salt and pepper to taste, shake further and drizzle over the salad.
6) Gently fold the cucumber and orange segments into the salad.
7) Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill and serve immediately.