Salmon Shoestring Salad
|Carrots||4 Large, peeled, cut to fit food chute|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄4 , cut into 1 inch wedges|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Canned salmon||1 Pound, drained, boned, flaked|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned shoestring potatoes||3 Ounce (2 Cans 1 1/2 Ounce Each)|
1. In a food processor, bowl position disc with shredding side up.
2. Finely shred carrots.
3. Empty into a large salad serving bowl.
4. Position Disc in Bowl with slicing side up.
5. Slice the lettuce and onion. Combine with carrots.
6. Add flakes salmon, mayonnaise and mustard to vegetables and toss to coat and mix well.
7. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
8. Add potatoes to the salad just before serving and toss well.
9. Serve in the bowl or on individual salad plate over a bed of crisp lettuce if you like.
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg22.5%
Sodium 913.2 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 24 g47.2%
Vitamin A 242.2% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet