Halibut with Lychee Cashew Nut and Miso Salad
|For the halibut|
|Sake||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Mirin||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|White miso paste||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Granulated sugar||4 1⁄4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Halibut fillets||24 Ounce, skin on (4 Pieces, 6 Ounce Or 175 Gram Each)|
|For the salad|
|Lychees||4 1⁄4 Ounce, peeled, stoned and sliced (110 Gram, Use Fresh)|
|Toasted cashew nuts||2 1⁄2 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Mint leaves||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), picked (Or 1 Small Bunch)|
|Mango||4 1⁄4 Ounce, sliced (110 Gram)|
|Coriander leaves||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), picked (Or 1 Small Bunch)|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and finely sliced on the diagonal|
|Grated coconut||2 Ounce (Or Shavings)|
|Mizuna leaf||4 1⁄2 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Rocket leaves||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 before grilling.
2. Take a saucepan, add mirin and sake and allow to come to boil. Boil for 20 to 30 sec to blaze off alcohol.
3. Lower heat, add white miso and stir till dissolved.
4. Increase the heat, mix in sugar and stir to dissolve.
5. Take off from heat, pour into a glass bowl and keep aside to cool. Use 1/3rd of mixture of salad.
4. Add halibut fillets to rest of the mixture and refrigerate, covered, for 24 hours.
5. Take out halibut, clean excess, arrange on grill tray and frill for about 2 to 3 min to turn golden brown.
6. Keep in the oven for 5 to 8 min.
7. Take a bowl, add all the salad ingredients, excluding groundnut oil and lime juice, toss well.
8. Add 2 tbsp miso mixture kept aside, groundnut oil and lime juice and beat to blend well.
9. Add black pepper and salt to taste. Add a little dressing to salad and toss.
10. Arrange salad in the middle of individual serving plates, top with halibut and allow miso dressing to drizzle over. Serve immediately.