Processor Chef Salad
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , cut in half|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄4 Pound, chilled|
|Sliced boiled ham||1⁄4 Pound|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2 Medium, cut in 1-inch wedges|
1. In a food processor or using a sharp chopping knife, coarsely chop the onions and eggs separately then combine them in a large salad bowl.
2. Attach the shredding blade to the food processor bowl or use a coarse grater to shred cheese.
3. Tip cheese into onion-egg mixture in salad bowl.
4. Slice the ham and lettuce in the food processor or on a meat board
5. Empty lettuce and ham into salad bowl.
6. Sprinkle salt, pepper and scatter dill weed over the ingredients in the bowl.
7. Give the bowl a good shake to toss the salad and mix.
8. Just before serving the salad, drizzle the salad dressing and toss once again to coat everything with it.