Processor Chef Salad
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , cut in half|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄4 Pound, chilled|
|Sliced boiled ham||1⁄4 Pound|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2 Medium, cut in 1-inch wedges|
1. In a food processor or using a sharp chopping knife, coarsely chop the onions and eggs separately then combine them in a large salad bowl.
2. Attach the shredding blade to the food processor bowl or use a coarse grater to shred cheese.
3. Tip cheese into onion-egg mixture in salad bowl.
4. Slice the ham and lettuce in the food processor or on a meat board
5. Empty lettuce and ham into salad bowl.
6. Sprinkle salt, pepper and scatter dill weed over the ingredients in the bowl.
7. Give the bowl a good shake to toss the salad and mix.
8. Just before serving the salad, drizzle the salad dressing and toss once again to coat everything with it.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 293.9 mg98%
Sodium 387.1 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 50.7% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet