Healthy Green And Gold Salad
|Canned gooseberries||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Lemon flavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery slices||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Broken california walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Drain and reseve the syrup from the gooseberries and level to 1 3/4 cups with water.
2) Bring the syrup mixture to boil and stir in the gelatin to dissolve.
3) Stir in rest of the 3/4 cup syrup mixture and orange juice, then refrigerate until slightly firm.
4) Gently fold in the celery, nuts and gooseberries, blend well.
5) In a 6x10x1 1/2-inch baking dish, pour the mixture and refrigerate until set.
6) Slice into square shapes, garnish with orange segments and serve immediately over a bed of lettuce.