Red Fruit Salad
|Rhubarb||225 Gram, cut in 2 centimeter lengths|
|Granulated sugar||225 Gram|
|Small strawberries||225 Gram, hulled|
1) In a saucepan, put the rhubarb along with the blackcurrants.
2) Add the water and sugar and bring the mixture to a boil. Gently simmer till the rhubarb is just render, stirring all the time. This generally take a few minutes.
3) Add the raspberries and strawberries and cook for about a minute.
4) To freeze the preparation, turn it into a rigid container and allow to cool. Cover, label and store in the freezer.
5) Thaw the frozen preparation for about 8 hours, or overnight, at room temperature. Add brandy to taste and stir. Put in a serving dish and serve with cream.
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.88 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 62.1 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 256.9%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet