Orange Avocado Salad
|Romaine head||1 Medium|
|Navel oranges||3 Large|
|Firm ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Lemon dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Separate the lettuce leaves from the head and wash them thoroughly.
2. Plunge the leaves in a bowl of ice chilled water and leave for 20 minutes.
3. Drain crisp chilled leaves and pat dry on paper toweling.
4. Into a large bowl, tear the romaine into bite-size pieces
5. Pare and segment oranges into a small bowl.
6. Refrigerate lettuce and oranges.
7. Just before serving, peel, halve and pit the avocado.
8. Slice into thinly.
9. In a salad bowl or over individual plates, make a bed of lettuce.
10. Arrange avocado and orange on top.
11. Drizzle Lemon Dressing on top and toss gently to coat.