Healthy Chicken Tarragon Salad
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||1 1⁄2 Pound, pounded (4 In Number)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon||3 Teaspoon|
|Apples||2 , cored and diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Red onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red leaf lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Using a pair of kitchen scissors or a meat knife, trim the excess fat from the chicken.
2. In a skillet, combine stock, water, and 2 teaspoons tarragon.
3. Bring the liquid to a boil over moderate heat and add the chicken.
4. Cover and poach the chicken for 15 minutes, until tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken onto a plate and allow it to cool.
6. Dice the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to a large bowl.
7. Add the apples, celery, and onion to the chicken.
8. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, remaining tarragon, salt, and pepper.
9. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients until well amalgamated.
10. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat.
11. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill for 1 hour.
12. Serve the cold chicken salad on a bed of the lettuce.