Sparkling Citrus Salad
|Canned crushed pineapple||9 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Cup)|
|Canned grapefruit sections||1 Pound (2 Cups Or 1 Can)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Broken pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ginger ale||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled (2 Small Bottles)|
1) Drain and reserve the syrups from the grapefruit and pineapple.
2) In a saucepan, stir and heat the gelatin in the reserved syrups until dissolved.
3) Turn off the heat, mix in the paprika and salt, then allow to cool.
4) Stir in the grapefruit, pecans and pineapple and refrigerate until cold.
5) Stir in the ginger ale and refrigerate until slightly firm.
6) In a 1-quart mold, pour the mixture and refrigerate until firm.
7) Unmold in a platter, garnish with the maraschino cherries and serve with the fruit dressing or mayonnaise.