Simple Leaf And Walnut Salad
|Walnut pieces||1 Ounce (Or Halves, 25 Grams)|
|Mild olive oil/2 teaspoon olive and 1 teaspoon walnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Little gem lettuce head||1|
|Shallots/Small chunk red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Take a baking sheet, arrange walnuts in it and roast for 5 min to turn golden brown. Take out and keep aside to cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat oils, orange juice, mustard and vinegar to blend well and season.
4. Take a salad bowl, add broke lettuce heads to it, after discarding the hard outer leaves of lettuce.
5. Scatter shallots and nuts.
6. Whisk the dressing and pour on the leaves.
7. Serve immediately.