Grapefruit Shrimp Salad In Avocado Ring Mould
|Lemon flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Avocado||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled sieved|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Grapefruit sections||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved / whole|
|Cooked cleaned shrimp||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear french dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in hot water
2. Chill the gelatin till partially set
3. Drain the grapefruit sections and set aside
4. Once the gelatin is partially set, whip the gelatin till it is smooth and fluffy
5. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt to the partially set gelatin and mix again
6. to the same mix add, avocado and whipped cream and mix completely. Pour the mix into individual 1 1/2-quart ring mold or 6 individual ring molds
7. Chill till set
8. In a large bowl, mix together the grapefruit sections and the remaining ingredients. Toss lightly to make sure that all the ingredients are coated completely.
9. Chill till set.
10. Unmold the avocado jelly rings on to the serving plates and fill the center with the grapefruit-shrimp mixture
11. Garnish with the curly endive and lemon wedges just before serving.