|Leftover cooked chicken||8 Ounce|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Crisp lettuce leaves||4|
1. Slice the cooked chicken into small pieces and remove the gristle and skin.
2. In a basin, place the chicken flesh along with chopped celery.
3. Mix together the lemon juice or vinegar, seasoning, salad oil and chopped onion. Mix well.
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken and celery. Let it soak for 1 hour.
5. Stir in mayonnaise, mix properly. Place the chicken salad on to the washed lettuce leaves.
6. Serve with hot jacket potatoes and buttered brown bread shoes.