Five Dollar Salad
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound|
|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Bunch)|
|Uncooked peas||1⁄2 Pound (Use Fresh)|
|Garlic croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blue cheese dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Trim the spinach and watercress and place in a colander. Wash thoroughly under cold water. Drain well.
2. Separate cabbage leaves, discarding the outer wilted or discolored ones.
3. Finely shred the cabbage using a sharp knife or in a food processor.
4. Shell peas into a large salad bowl.
5. Combine greens and cabbage with peas and toss to mix
6. Just before serving dress the salad with blue cheese dressing and toss to coat.
7. Scatter garlic croutons on top and serve immediately.