|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Head of lettuce||1⁄2|
|Curly endive||1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Bunch)|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||4 , diced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, tip in the salad oil. Mash the garlic clove and add it to the salad oil. Let it stand till required.
2. In a salad bowl, tear the endive leaves and set aside.
3. Add the croutons, anchovies, and the diced tomatoes.
4. Strain the salad oil to remove the garlic and pour the salad oil over the vegetables in the salad bowl
5. In another bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, the lemon juice, the Worcestershire sauce and the beaten egg.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad vegetables.
7. Season to taste.
8. Serve immediately.