Apple Snow Salad
|Canned crushed pineapple||9 Ounce (1 Can, 1 Cup)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (Fresh, Frozen, Or Canned)|
|Diced unpared apple||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1) Drain and reserve the syrup from the crushed pineapple.
2) Level the syrup to 1/2 cup with water.
3) In a pan, add the sugar, salt, lemon juice, reserved syrup and eggs.
4) Stir continuously and cook over a low heat, until thickened. Then allow to chill.
5) Fold in the apple, celery, pineapple and the whipped cream.
6) In a 2-quart refrigerator tray, pour the mixture and freeze until set.
7) Slice into squares, garnish with the fans of sliced apples and serve immediately.