Spinach and Goat's Cheese Salad
|Spinach leaves||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Oranges||2 , peeled and segmented|
|Goat cheese||6 Ounce, diced (175 Gram)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Hazelnuts||2 Ounce, roughly chopped (50 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Orange||1 Large, juiced|
|Watercress leaves||3 1⁄2 Ounce, stripped from the stalks, very finely chopped (1 Bunch)|
|Chopped fresh mixed herbs||2 Tablespoon, e.g. parsley, tarragon, mint, dill, basil|
1. In a large salad bowl combine spinach leaves, orange segments and goat’s cheese.
2. In a small frying pan heat oil and cook hazelnuts and garlic in it for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in orange juice, water-cress and herbs and continue to heat through.
4. Remove the dressing from heat and quickly pour over the spinach leaves, orange and cheese mixture.
5. To serve season with salt and pepper as per taste and toss well.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.7 mg14.9%
Sodium 293.2 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 118.7% Vitamin C 138%
Calcium 52.9% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet