Mixed Green Salad
|Boston lettuce head||1 Large|
|Red leaf lettuce head||1 Large|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Rinse the lettuce properly and pat dry with paper towels or dry in a salad spinner. Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a salad bowl. Cover with platic wrap and put in fridge till ready to serve.
2) Squeeze just enough lemon juice to measure about 2 tablespoons.
3) Combine together the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and use a fork to beat vigorously till the ingredients have blended. Set aside.
4) Grate enough Parmesan to make 1/2 cup of grated cheese and keep aside.
5) Right before serving, beat the dressing once again to recombine and pour it all over the salad. Toss the greens till they are evenly coated and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle liberally with the grated Parmesan.
6) Serve immediately.