Warm Pasta And Spinach Salad
|Fresh spinach||10 Ounce, washed, stems removed and torn into bite-size pieces (1 Package)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Pasta twists/Ziti||8 Ounce, cooked, rinsed with cold water and drained|
|Red onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Uncooked bacon slice||6 , coarsely chopped|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise/Real /light mayonnaise /low fat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a large serving bowl, toss spinach, mushrooms, pasta and red onion and keep aside.
2. Into a medium – sized skillet over medium high heat cook bacon such that it gets crisp and transfer it using a slotted spoon to a bowl or a container discarding except only two tablespoons of drippings from the skillet.
3. In a small bowl, mix corn starch, sugar, salt and pepper and add it to the skillet containing the remaining drippings.
4. Using a wire whisk, whisk the contents in the skillet such that the mixture is smooth.
5. To the mixture in the skillet, stir in mayonnaise, then slowly water and vinegar to blend well.
6. Let the mixture boil over medium heat and while stirring constantly.
7. After it has boiled for 1 minute, pour it over the spinach mixture.
8. Toss bacon with the mixture to coat well and serve immediately.