Salad Nicoise With Garlic-Flavored French Dressing
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Head of lettuce||1|
|Garlic dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||1 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Hard boil eggs for 8-10 minutes. Plunge in cold water. Shell and quarter them. Keep aside.
2) Trim beans and wash.
3) Skin tomatoes and cut into quarters.
4) Skin and slice onions thinly. Break it into individual rings.
5) Wash lettuce and pat dry.
6) Wash pepper, core and deseed, slice thinly.
7) In a pan boil salted water and cook beans for 5-8 minutes. Drain.
8) In a shallow bowl add half the French dressing. Toss shredded lettuce and beans in it.
9) Flake the tuna. Arrange it along with drained anchovy fillets, olives, green pepper, and onion rings over lettuce and beans.
10) Place quartered tomatoes on the sides and decorate with hard-cooked eggs.
11) Sprinkle remaining dressing on top and serve immediately.