Grapefruit Perfection Salad
|Grapefruit||2 Pound (2 Can)|
|Grapefruit juice||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
1) Drain grapefruit section.
2) Cut pimiento with small star cutter.
3) Make 3-1/2 cup grapefruit juice by draining enough canned grapefruit juice.
4) Take saucepand and add one cup liquid.
5) Sprinkle gelatin over liquid and stir continuously until gelatin dissolves.
6) Remove gelatin from heat, sprinkle sugar and salt, and stir to dissolve.
7) Mix in the remaining grapefruit juice.
8) Take 6 cup mold and arrange pimiento stars with grapefruit sections.
9) Pour over 1/2 cup of gelatin mixture and chill until firm.
10) Chill the remaining liquid until consistency of unbeaten egg white is achieved.
11) Fold in cabbage celery, and one cup grapefruit juice and mix.
12) Take the ring mold and pour the mixture.
13) Let it chill until firm.
14) Take a serving platter, unmold, garnish with salad greens and remaining grapefruit sections, and serve.