Creamy Golden Waldorf
|Lemon gelatin||6 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Golden apples||3 Medium|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add 2/3 cup hot water.
2) Add in the gelatin and salt and stir.
3) Mix in 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
4) Refrigerate till thickened.
5) Partially pare, and core and dice 2 apples.
6) Core and thinly slice the remaining apples.
7) Arrange skin side down, around the bottom of 8-cup mold.
8) Add lemon juice over the apples.
9) Mix mayonnaise into the thickened gelatin and gently fold in the whipped cream.
10) Carefully fold in the diced apples, celery and walnuts and add over apple slices.
11) Refrigerate till firm.
12) Unmold on a salad platter
13) Garnish with salad greens.