Hot Ham and Macaroni Salad
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cook macaroni and drain water.
2) Heat butter in a skillet and brown onion in it.
3) Stir in flour, sugar, salt, and mustard.
4) Gently combine water and vinegar and cook stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
5) Add some hot mixture to the egg, mix and pour on the skillet.
6) Mix macaroni, ham, and carrots, and heat gently.
7) Sprinkle spinach on top.