Lettuce and Bacon Salad
|Red curly lettuce head||1 Large|
|Green curly lettuce head||1 Large|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Large|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Separate the lettuce leaves and wash all greens well.
2. Plunge the leaves into a large basin of ice-chilled water and soak for about 30 minutes.
3. Drain and dry them using a kitchen towel.
4. Tear lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces.
5. In a salad bowl heap the lettuce and rocket
6. Put this bowl in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. Slice off fat from bacon and then chop bacon and fat into pieces separately.
10. In a frying pan place bacon fat and melt.
11. Remove crisp residue of fat with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel.
12. Add bacon to pan and fry till crisp.
13. Remove bacon on kitchen paper and drain.
14. Combine all the ingredients for dressing and whip till well merged.
15. Sprinkle dressing over salad approximately 5 minutes before serving.
16. Toss till it is well coated.
16. Sprinkle bacon over salad and serve.