Autumn's Gold Apple Salad
|Unpared golden apples||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Unpared apple slice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a pot, boil 1 cup of water.
2) In 2 tablespoons cold water, add the gelatin and allow to soften.
3) Add the lemon gelatin to the boiling water and stir till it dissolves.
4) Mix in the softened gelatin and allow to dissolve.
5) Stir in sour cream, mustard, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, onion and salt.
6) Beat to a smooth consistency with a rotary beater.
7) Refrigerate till thickened.
8) Fold in the cheese, apples, green pepper, and whipped cream.
9) Add into a wet mold and refrigerate till firm.
10) On a serving platter, arrange salad greens and unmold.
11) Garnish with apple slices dipped in lemon juice.
12) Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.