Escarole Chicory And Radicchio Salad
|Escarole head||1 Small|
|Chicory head||1 Small|
|Radicchio head||1 Small|
|Minced parsley/Minced basil / combination of both||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Approximately)|
1) Wash the chicory, radicchio and escarole. Throw away the bruised or discolored leaves. Dry using paper towels or in a salad spinner.
2) In a large salad bowl, combine together the greens, herbs and tadicchio. Use plastic wrap to cover the bowl and place in the fridge till ready to be served.
3) In a small bowl, combine together the vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and garlic. Use a fork to beat till the salt dissolves and then gradually add the olive oil. Keep beating the dressing till it has thickened.
4) Pour the dressing all over the salad. Toss till it is evenly coated.
5) Serve immediately after dividing among 4 dinner plates.