White Bean and Colored Pepper Salad
|Dried white beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cleaned|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh thyme leaves/Chopped fresh savory leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 (Available From Fancy Green-Grocers)|
|Yellow pepper||1 (Available From Fancy Green-Grocers)|
|Peppers/Green pepper||3 (1 Each Red, Yellow And Brown Or Green Pepper, Available From Fancy Green-Grocers)|
1. Add beans to 6 cups water and bring the mixture to boil. Cover, turn the heat off and allow to stand for 1 hour to rehydrate the beans. Discard the cover and bring the mixture to boil again. Remove the foam from the mixture’s surface.
2. Lower the heat to minimum and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour till the bean skins split when blown. Drain and keep aside the liquid for making soups.
3. Add lemon juice and salt to the beans and toss often, at equal intervals, for about 1 hour.
4. Take a food processor or blender and pass thyme, garlic, 2 tbsp bean liquid and mustard though it and spin, while allowing oil to dribble into the mixture. Add to cooled beans and toss well.
5. Deseed peppers, discard the pith and slice into thin strips. Add to beans and toss well.
6. Serve immediately.