Winter Health Salad
|Finely shredded cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet green pepper||1 , cored, seeded, and cut in julienne strips|
|Pimiento||1 , seeded and cut in julienne strips|
|Carrot||1 Medium, coarsely grated, scrub but do not pee|
|Red onion/1/4 cup minced scallions include tops||1 Small, peeled and minced|
|Minced celery tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Do Not Peel Unless Cucumbers Are Waxed)|
|White turnip||1⁄2 Small, peeled and finely grated|
|Small cauliflowerets/Broccoli flowerets||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Radishes||4 , thinly sliced|
|French dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Prepare and combine all the vegeatbales in a large salad bowl
2. Cover bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. Just before serving time, remove salad bowl from the refrigerator.
4. Shake or whisk the dressing and drizzle over the salad, pouring just enough to coat all vegetables lightly.
5. Toss well and serve immediately
6. Serve the salad immediately before the lettuce goes limp and soggy
7. You can top the salad with cottage cheese or cubed sharp Cheddar if you like