Raw Beetroot and Pink Grapefruit Salad
|Beetroot||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Gram, Raw, Young Variety)|
|Hazelnuts||2 Ounce, peeled, roasted and coarsely chopped (50 Gram)|
|Raspberry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hazelnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Radicchio leaves||1 , separated|
|Spinach leaves||8 Ounce (250 Gram, Young Variety)|
1) Peel the beetroot and cut into fine strips. Alternatively, the peeled vegetable can also be grated. Place in a salad bowl.
2) Off the botoom of the grapefruit, cut a thin slice and on a chopping board, place the grapefruit with the cut side down. Cut off the rind in strips. Work from the top down and ensure that all the white pith is removed.
3) Hold the grapefruit over the salad bowl, to catch any juice that might drip, and cut out the segments with the help of a sharp knife. Add the segments to the bowl and stir in the hazelbuts. Lightly toss.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together the raspberry vinegar, hazelbut oil and garlic. Pour the mixture all over the beetroot mix and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
5) On each plate, arrange the radicchop and spinahc and spoon over the beetroot, grapefruit and hazelnut.
6) Serve at once.