Jellied Beet and Salmon Salad
|Canned salmon||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Juice from salmon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beet juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked beets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , sliced|
1) Drain salmon and reserve juice.
2) Discard bones and skin from fish.
3) Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.
4) Boil the remaining cup of water and dissolve the gelatin.
5) Mix remaining seasoning and liquid.
6) Let it chill in refrigerator until the consistency is of unbeaten egg white.
7) Add salmon and vegetables.
8) Take a ring mold, arrange the egg slices, and cover with gelatine mixture.
9) Let it chill until firm.
10) Unmold on salad greens and serve.